Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Traditions

There is a great tradition in my family and I believe in many other families as well; putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. 

Every year after we have stuffed ourselves for the second day with stuffing and turkey, we get our tree and put it up.  My mom puts the twinkling lights on the inside of the tree, and I take over from there.  I wrap the tree with some more lights, non-twinkling ones, and put the ornaments on. 

There’s a theme to my styling every year.  This year I chose to use red and gold ornaments and some angel ornaments that we have had for years.  We usually make hot chocolate, put on some Christmas music and light a fire in the fire place to get into the Christmas spirit. 

So when you're putting up your tree, remember that it can be a great time for family.

By Claire Kuda

No comments:

Post a Comment