Monday, December 13, 2010

Home for the holidays

I am going back home for Christmas break! This is the first time in four years I will spend the holiday with my family in Korea. Although I went home during summer, I couldn't spend any holidays with my parents because there are no holidays during that time.
Humans are social beings that require close relationships with other people. As they live in this world, people make various groups. Among those, the closest relationship would be their family. That is why people say, "Blood is thicker than water." Especially in my culture, the relationship with family is one of the most important aspects in our life. We have to visit our parents and grandparents to show our respect. When they are old, we have to take care of them. As the youngest child in my whole family, it is my job to please my grandparents. Since I did not visit them for years, I felt bad for it.
When North Korea attacked South Korea a month ago, I was really depressed. I started worrying about my family. What if something happens to my family? Shouldn't I have to visit my grandparents often since they are so old?
So when I got this chance to go to home, I was so excited. If I was an American, who express their feelings well, then I would almost cry because I was so happy. The thing I am most looking forward to is talking--talking to my family and friends and sharing all the news. After that, I will eat Korean homemade food. I will meet my friends and visit all the places I want to go. Also, I will feel the warmth in my country since Chicago is freezing cold.
If anyone wants to come with me, you are more than welcome to.
By Yoha Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment