Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Summer to Remember

It all began on a warm sunny day early in the month of June. I arose before dawn packing my baseball gear into the trusty truck preparing to make my first trip to meet my new ball team in Nashville, Tennessee.

Upon arriving at the hotel after a scenic road trip to Nashville, each teammate was introduced. It was an amazing feeling that, while a stranger, there was still a sense that there was a unique bond among each of us. There was an immediate reality, that as a team, we had something special. A baseball team brimming with talented players from across the country we began our journey.

That weekend not a game was lost.  From there we traveled to many different cities within states such as California, Florida, and Georgia, playing against some of the best competition one could find, along the way winning three tournaments and two national championships as well as developing friendships that will last a lifetime.

For me, playing baseball is like being at home, giving me a sense of happiness. This summer gave me that opportunity to do so; it will always be one summer I will never forget.

By Kevin Elder

1 comment:

  1. Kevin Elder could possibly be the best writer ever and he's a decent baseball player too...

    ReplyDelete