Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shoes or Sandals?

Spring, a time of rain and blooming flowers, but also time for an important question, “to wear shoes, or sandals?” 

Personally, I think that shoes are not a necessity in the spring.  Your feet have been cooped up all winter in boots and gym shoes; it’s time to let them out.  Also it gives you a chance to wear some cute sandals.  Everyone loves sandals and I have been seeing a lot of cute ones this year in the stores.  I have seen strappy ones, beaded ones, and of course the classic flip-flop.  They are everywhere, and because it’s just the beginning of spring still at a very reasonable price. 

Most people I have asked have said that they prefer to wear sandals in the spring, and why wouldn’t you?  I remember when I was younger that every spring when I finally got to put on my first pair of flip-flops of the year, I felt free.  Being able to run around without my feet being confined in shoes was the best feeling ever, especially since I hated shoes with a fiery, burning passion. 

Even as a toddler if my mom tried to put shoes on me I would rip them off and chuck them across the room.  Now I tolerate shoes throughout the winter but when spring comes around I can’t wait to break out the flip-flops again.  Why wouldn’t you want to wear sandals or flip- flops?  They go with anything and they are comfortable as can be.  So the only thing I have to ask is “what do you prefer, shoes or sandals?"

By: Claire Kuda

No comments:

Post a Comment