Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Day Without Gwen

I experienced the worst day of my life on Friday, Oct. 14, 2011.

I woke up just like any other day believing it was going to be a great day just like any other. I ate breakfast, got my bags ready, and went to school. I went through the first couple of periods perfectly fine, then third hour rolled around. It was then that I discovered a dreadful thing! Gwendolyn Payne was not at school!

I immediately thought to myself, “Has the world come to an end?” “Will I ever see her again?” “Will life ever be the same?” I was lost. I did not know what to do without my friend. Still, I began to think that everything was going to be ok; surely she would be back soon. Then, seventh period came and reality set in, Gwen really was not in school.  At this rate I might have an official mental breakdown. I felt so blue; I nearly sat in the corner to weep. I had no one to annoy, to creep, or frustrate with my half witted remarks. Oh, just to hear her tell me that I am all about myself.

Still, somehow I made it to the end of the day and through the weekend. Worried that I would not see Gwen again, Monday rolled around. Walking into school, much to my surprise I saw my long lost friend. Life was back to normal. I never want to experience another Friday, Oct. 14, 2011 again. 

By Kevin Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment