Thursday, April 21, 2011

End of the year crunch

It’s the end of the year, and seniors are counting down the days, and I’m assuming that most other students are as well, probably even the teachers. It’s a very bittersweet feeling of being done with high school. The sadness of leaving is overwhelming but there is joy in the very same thing is as well. Now that there’s such little time left, teachers are cramming in work and giving us things to keep us busy. Most students aren’t focused on school work, but focused on getting the work over with and celebrating summers arrival. The time crunch of high school ending this year is overwhelming and is undeniably nerve-wracking. Sometimes we as students wonder whether or not to do the work at the end of the school year is worth doing or not. Our grades are primarily set and it is already determined if we have to take finals are not, so why bother? One teacher told me that it’s because God calls us to do as we asked, and though I feel convicted about that, my sinful nature tells me to slack off. So far, I’ve been slowly sliding down and find myself in another world in classrooms. Motivation is needed and seems to be lost. The crunch of the end of the school year is here, and it’s inevitable.
By: Anais Tabor

No comments:

Post a Comment