Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tips for a long flight

Unfortunately, my trip back to Korea was the hardest one I've ever had. Not only did I miss my flight on Monday, but that I my seatmate laid down across two seats. She also snored really loud, her feet often touched my arms, and she even took my pillow in sleep. Moreover, I had nothing to do for about 13 hours. I did not bring a book, which was a huge mistake, and the only thing I could do with my laptop was play solitaire. Therefore, after watching King's Speech and Tron, I slept the whole time in the airplane.

Therefore, here are some tips for a long airplane ride.

The most important thing to do is make your self comfortable. You can start this by reserving a good seat. Even within the same class, some seats are far better than others. If you want more leg room or go to restroom often, aisle seat is for you. While a window seat is better for those who want to sleep. Seats near the lavatories are the worst since people are constantly walking by, making noises, and bumping your elbows. 

Good things to bring on an airplane include your own headphones, iPod, toothbrush, snacks, eye drops, gum, and lip balm.

After being comfortable, it is your responsibility to make yourself entertained. Movies usually do not start right away, so it is good to bring your own iPod or book. 
Several hours of quiet time is also a great opportunity to get some work done. Make sure to keep materials at a minimum, since you only have a tray table. Watching movies is an easy way to spend time. These days, airlines provide a good variety of movies with music channels and games. 

Making friends is the most beneficial thing to do on an airplane ride. Unlike your usual community, on the airplane, you can meet people you would have probably never met. The conversation with those people can help you educate yourself and even develop a good relationship. 

By: Yoha Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment