Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teen Stars, Ugh!

 Hannah Montana. You see the name and if you are someone with common sense like me, you cringe.

That girl has single handedly built up and torn down her own empire of billions of screaming tween girls. In my opinion, I would rather have my children watch horror movies than her brain numbing Disney sitcom. In fact, I would rather sit in silence my whole life than listen to one of her poorly written, disturbingly creepy songs. Just hop on itunes and search her song “Obsessed”--that girl needs to learn how to keep some things to herself.

Anyways, I am not a mindless Miley-hater--oh no, I’m armed with facts. In 2010 Miley had finished her sitcom (thank goodness) and came out with a new song to add to her ho-hum collection. This song is called “Can’t Be Tamed.” Let me first start off by saying that this was the straw that broke the camels back. Think back a little earlier to when someone had (accidentally) cast her to perform at some teen award show.  She sang her new song “Party in the USA” which was not a terribly obscene song but just had some questionable lyrics. Anyhow, while singing this song she proceeded to pole dance on an ice cream cart with daddy Cyrus watching in the crowd. Everyone was shocked, to say the least, and 12-year-old girls everywhere sobbed when their moms said, “no more Miley” (smart moms).

Later on when her song “Can’t Be Tamed” hit radio stations, it included questionable lyrics. I guess all that all I have to say to this is: I’m tired of these teen stars with young followers, gaining this major fame and then crushing their original fan bases and disappointing them. I guess it goes to show you how fame and fortune can bring out the worst in people and how nobody seems to learn from past examples like Britney Spears. While I could say more on this issue, I have to go comfort my younger sister and explain why the Disney channel is locked on the TV now.

 By Taylor DePola

No comments:

Post a Comment