Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brittany's year in review

Out of all the classes I took this year, Journalism was probably one of my favorites. Despite blowing off the class period and doing nothing most of the time, I was actually able to learn a lot about writing. Before this class I was only familiar with the usual essay style of writing that we normally use in school. However, writing articles for a newspaper made me better and more familiar with the style of writing that real journalists use.

I am glad that I took Journalism class for many reasons. One big reason is that I got to write about what I wanted to write about for the newspaper and have other people actually read it. This made me feel like I had more of a voice in our school; I was able to write to my peers. Secondly, by writing about things like school news, world news, and sports, I was able to stay updated with what had been going on in these areas. It’s important to be well-educated about the current news around us. Finally, if you want another great thing to put on a college resume, Journalism will be an impressive addition.

Overall, this class was absolutely not a waste of time, but rather a great opportunity for me. If you get the chance to take this class next year, I would recommend it!
By Brittany Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment