Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Irresistible Revolution

The book “The Irresistable Revolution:  Living Life as an Ordinary Radical,” is an amazing book.  It is about a man, Shane Claiborne, who realizes that he is unhappy with just going through the motions.  He was raised in the bible belt and church had become something that he just did because he was told it was the thing to do.  Churches used games and food to entice people to come to youth group.  He got tired of the fact that there was no passion, and he wanted to change things.  So he set out and he did exactly what he wanted, he started living life the way Jesus did.  He worked for the homeless, and he went to live and work with Mother Teresa for a year. I have not finished reading the book yet, in fact I am not even halfway through.  Yet this book is inspiring me in so many ways.  I have been struggling with my faith recently because I felt like all the passion and fire in it had just disappeared.  But this book has been showing me that if I want to find that passion again all I have to do is change how I am. I have to find something in my life that sparks that passion again.  All I have to do is start an irresistable revolution for myself.  Being a radical is just someone trying to get back to the root of things.  So this is exactly what I hope I will be able to do.  Live life like an ordinary radical.
By: Claire Kuda

No comments:

Post a Comment