Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Phantom of the Opera Review

“Wildly my mind beats against you, yet my soul obeys.” A quote said by Phantom in the very famous musical Phantom of the Opera, which is about a “disfigured” musical genius who hides in the opera house and trains his student and lover Christine.
 It is no surprise that when it comes to plays and musicals, Westminster Christian is just amazing. But they really out did themselves this time with the musical, Phantom of the Opera. This remake originally done by Andrew Lloyd Webber was done spectacularly. The audience was blown away by all of the cast members acting, and of course singing. Many could not believe that these were the same students that we go to school with every day. Although this might sound strange, many of the girl students said that they had and I quote “feelings for Jimmy that I just cannot decipher.” I would just like to point out the fact that Jimmy Chapman did an amazing job playing Phantom as did all of the other cast members. True hard work was shown during the musical. I know I could tell that everyone put in such a good effort and it definitely showed in the performance. The costumes were amazing as well. Everyone looked amazing! The belly dancers looked “hawt.” I also want to give a “shout out” to Ms. Shloss who did an excellent job with hair and makeup like she usually does. Go Ms. S!! All of the actors and actresses should be very proud of their work. Great job everyone!
Beatrice Ponce

No comments:

Post a Comment