Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Year By Andrew Mason

This last year in high school has been one of the best years of my life.  I was really looking forward to my senior year in high school and was going to make the most out of it.  The year started with me playing golf.  I really enjoyed playing on the team the past four years and really enjoyed all the friends I made from it.  Also, it helps when our coach, John Wedell, is a great coach and fun guy to be around. 

The next fun thing that came along was homecoming.  I would say it was the best homecoming out of the three years I had gone to the dance.

Next up was our senior trip.  This was, without a doubt, one of the best experiences of my life.  It was great to get to know my classmates and teachers better.  Our class as a whole became more united through hanging out around the fire, playing paintball, the rock wall, and all the team building exercises that were done. 

After senior trip was over with, it was time for my basketball season. Basketball is one of my favorite sports and I just had a fantastic time playing this year.  I played consistently well throughout it and our team set a school record for wins in a season.  It did not end the way I wanted it to, but it was still a great year. 

After basketball came, of course, baseball season.  Last year our team went all the way and won the state championship.  This year we are playing well too.  We have had our ups and downs this year but we have came on strong at the end.  I love being with my teammates and friends that I will be friends with the rest of my life.  Our team has just won Regionals and we are hoping more victories are along the way.  Even if no more come, I am still proud of everyone and give all the glory to God.  Without him, none of this year would have turned out the way it has for me.  This year has truly been my year.

By Andrew Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment