Saturday, May 21, 2011

My year

My junior year of high school has been exceptionally interesting. I began my junior year at Hampshire High School. It was terrible, to say the least. So my wonder mommy found WCS and I fell in love with the teachers and students. Soon, I became part of the community.
The teachers think that I ended up fitting in very well. Not the case. Sure, people liked me but I didn’t actually have any real friendships until the end of third term. Now, I’m friends with everyone, minus Tyler Greene… because we’re BEST friends.  J

The highlight of my year (besides coming to WCS, of course) was joining the Illinois Army National Guard. I have been wanting to be in the military since I was 12, and this summer, I’m going to basic training and finally chasing my dreams. I love everything about being in the Army. I truly feel that God has called me to be a soldier and I will live out His plan for me.

Anyways, I’ve had such a fabulous time at WCS. Everyone is so accepting of one another and people aren’t afraid to be their strange selves. I’m very sad that I won’t be able to return next year, but it has truly been such a gift to have the privilege of being here.

By Kelly Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment