Thursday, May 12, 2011

MattRach

            Being an avid music lover I occasionally browse YouTube in search of new artists/bands that could satisfy my interest. While I was doing this, I heard one of MattRach’s songs through some random video clicking and I have never stopped listening since.  MattRach is the alias of this young French whose real name is Mathieu Rachmajda. He became known on the Internet from his videos on YouTube performing his own unique arrangements. His arrangements include Dark Paradise, The Conquistador, as well as covers of songs by Steve Vai, and classical pieces such as Canon Rock (My favorite, a cover of JerryC’s Canon Rock - an arrangement of Canon in D by Pachelbel) and Amadeus Rock.  His YouTube channel has received over 70 million views, which makes it one of the most subscribed channels in France. Globally MattRach has more subscribers than Madonna, Just saying. MattRach is currently involved in a band project known as MattRach & Play. The band consists of Mathieu Rachmajda (Guitar), Sebastien Guenard (Keyboard/Vocal /Saxophone /Harmonica), Nicolas Guenard (Bass) and Olivier Guenard (Drums/Percussion). Their debut album Mister Jack was released on May 24th 2010. Although I do not care for most of the songs his band puts out I do listen to them but only to hear MattRach play. The fact that someone could be that talented just blows my mind. I have not listened to him in a while and now that I have come back to him I have noticed that in fact he has gotten significantly better over the four years I have watched his videos. Now only that but if you watch his first video and compare it to the most recent one you can see a significant change in his character and countenance, he has really matured over the years. If you ever have a chance just look up “Cannon Rock Final” on YouTube and prepare to be amazed!
By: Greg Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment