Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Josh's journalism year in review

My journalism year consisted of a lot of writing and layout designing. As I learned the layout program indesign, my skills with putting articles, pictures, and designs into the paper greatly improved. I liked doing layout design, but the order of events going from writer, to multiple editors, to me as the layout editor didn't always function as intended. I discovered for myself that I liked writing a lot more than I had originally thought. I would gladly be an editor, writer, or even layout editor for the college(s) I will be attending in the future.
Sometimes the layout was frustrating, but other times it was rewarding. Overall, I enjoyed writing the most. When I was writing about topics I personally appreciated, I usually would put a lot of personal work into it. I thought most of my articles, whether they were blog articles or newspaper articles were generally relevant and fun to write about. In general, I really do think I improved my writing, especially from a journalistic perspective.

I would take journalism again, especially if some things were to change. The first of these things would be a new system of article circulation. Also, while you can’t always change the enthusiasm of the students, it would be nice to have a group of students that all like to write.

By Josh Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment