Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sarah's end of year reflection

This year did not turn out quite in the way that I had planned. After a trying junior year, I had basically wanted to get out as soon as possible. Because of this, when senior year started I was shocked to find that I was actually enjoying myself. Through the senior trip, and day to day activities with friends, I started strengthening my relationships and really started to want to come to school each day. Now it is the end of the year and I'm struggling with ending this chapter of my life. I feel as if I am not nearly ready to grow up and this change is scary. My year was exciting and trying, funny and sad. I will never forget the friends I have made during this year and the things I learned. From how to defend my faith, to how to integrate an equation, to how to speak in public, I have gained skills through this school that I am incredibly grateful for.
        As I reflect on this year I'm sure I could think of some things that I would do differently, but that is not the point. The point is that this school has shaped who I am today, and I am very grateful for that.
By Sarah McIntire

No comments:

Post a Comment