Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sixteen is no big deal

Sixteen is the age everyone seems to make a huge deal about. It was the day I had been looking forward to for years now and once the day finally came it seemed that nothing had changed. I felt no different and nothing exciting happened. So, why is it that everyone makes it such a big deal?

The only exciting thing about turning sixteen is that you are finally at a legal age to drive on you own. I guess that is a good enough reason to look forward to your sixteenth birthday, however, it seems like any other day. When was little, I used to imagine my sixteenth birthday and I thought as soon as I turned sixteen I would become more mature and have more freedom; but I didn’t. 

A week has gone by since my birthday and still nothing has seemed to change. I feel the same way I did and go about my day the same way I used to. I don’t understand why your sixteenth birthday is supposedly such a magnificent day, or why every little girl looks forward to their sixteenth birthday, because the truth is that it's no different than any other day.

By Rachel Fugiel

No comments:

Post a Comment